One of the pleasures that has followed the development and growth of this blog has been the opportunities presented for collaboration and discourse with other journalists and arms-trade researchers, and the chances to promote their work.
And this brings us to today. In recent weeks, via the NYT, events aligned in way that allowed the At War blog to commission, edit and now publish the work of Damien Spleeters, a Belgian journalist who has made it his mission to examine the Belgian arms trade.
Damien’s latest, a look at the uneasy (and not transparent) calculations involved in the exports of FN Herstal, examines the tension between profits and a different set of values. Part 1 here.
Damien, it was our pleasure to work with you. We look forward to publishing the rest.
ABOUT THE PHOTOGRAPH
Part of Damien’s field research in Libya. A FN Herstal P90, sold to the forces of Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi. Now in others’ hands.
34 Notes/ Hide
- filmes-no likes this
- btx91 likes this
- alythebird likes this
- buy-steroids-uk-org reblogged this from cjchivers
- meister-strome likes this
- guatemalanwhiteboy likes this
- madriche likes this
- huskerdont likes this
- thepoliticalnotebook likes this
- rasputinsgypsy reblogged this from cjchivers
- rasputinsgypsy likes this
- alexmindtricks likes this
- blondmisanthrope likes this
- katonbo-rx reblogged this from cjchivers
- writtenbylight reblogged this from cjchivers
- the-trigger reblogged this from cjchivers
- mckinneycantspeak likes this
- hellformotors likes this
- climateadaptation likes this
- cjchivers posted this